Wednesday, September 2, 2009

FIVE MINUTE FREE WRITE

This is a new challenge that's taking the "other" writing place by storm - free write. This is my first attempt.

If it's this cool already, can winter be far behind? I don't even like to think about it. My loathing of winter causes me to also dislike Fall because it's whne everything begins it's headlong fall - pun intended - into death. Things aren't waking like in spring, but dying, turning brown, not green. Getting brittle, breaking off, crumbling. It's too cold right now to have a door open, to push a window up. It's September 2? More like October 2. In Octoboer is Halloween and the day after Halloween is Christmas, or so it seems.

There is nothing on the regualar channels this year that even sounds vaguely good. I was shocked a few nights ago to realized I don't watch any fiction series on the big three networds. The closest I get is House, and I think he's on USA or Fox. I watch 90% reality, yet I read 95% fiction.

Reading may get batter. After the White Queen I couldn't settle into another book but yesterday I got In the Comapny of The Courtesan at the library. So far - 50 pages or so - it's pretty good. Not Tudor England, but the early 16th century in Italy. I have the Elizabeth movies to watch with Helen Mirren to watch this weekend.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Vick-I love fall, and remember it can last for 3 months or so. You live in a beautiful place to enjoy this season! Besides, summer is't over!

    ReplyDelete