Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday Freewrite








I'm not going to set a time limit for this freewrite. I'll write until I damn well feel like stopping. You stop reading when you damn well feel like stopping. Even Steven?

The picture to the right is a close up of the bulbs of my pregnant onion plant. My pregnant onion is the coolest plant I've ever had. It's almost a "plant pet". I've never seen one for sale in a store. There's a few on eBay. We bought this one fifteen years ago at a garage sale full of houseplants. It was the first spring we lived in our house. It just belongs here, like the trees and the yuccas out back. Like me.

We're planting dozens of perennials against our new "We Hate Our Neighbors" privacy fence. Maybe some will still bloom long after we're gone, like the flowers my mom and grandma planted. If when I die someone says, "she grew pretty flowers," I'd be thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing! Hubby is the flower/plant guy here. I just pick out things I like and he does the rest.

    ReplyDelete